Opportunity: WSCO is seeking a Fundraising Consultant!
The West Side Community Organization powers the people of the West Side to create a vibrant and thriving neighborhood for all.
Growing out of a movement in 1973 to save Humboldt High School, WSCO is rooted in activism, using organizing and equitable development principles as a foundation for all of our work. Our staff, board members and volunteers:
- increase the civic participation of residents by initiating organizing campaigns, providing leadership development opportunities for youth and adults, and by educating and building the power base of residents to tackle civic issues.
- inform issues concerning our built environment through community economic development planning, organizing resources to clean up urban blight, and advocating for equitable development
- promote a healthy natural and social environment by fostering connections between neighbors, promoting environmental justice, and expanding housing and transportation options for all West Siders
PURPOSE & SCOPE
WSCO is seeking a fundraising consultant/expert to build organizational capacity for raising funds and meeting revenue goals in 2017.
This position will:
Review and assess current fundraising strategy and activities
Recommend annual strategies and lead the development of resulting activities
Specific Deliverables Include:
- Individual Donor Strategy and Implementation
- Assess current annual development activities, current donor list and giving levels.
- Strategies for individual donors based on organizational capacity and donor potential
- Calendar/schedule of individual donor activities, milestones and timelines.
- Key story and messages for individual donors.
- Develop talking points for Board Members access/use.
- Grant Writing Strategy and Implementation
- Assess current organizational case for support, program goals, program outcomes, and accompanying budget requirements.
- Assess current funding proposals and required attachments in use including program and organizational budgets that outline revenue and expense by program/case.
- Institutional funder prospect list and calendar to include foundations, businesses, and governmental organizations, with accompanying deadlines including cultivation and outreach strategies.
- Proposal template for general operations
- Coach organizational staff and key board members on identified strategy for funder and individual donor outreach/cultivation.
- Educate and enlist Board Members in engaging a broader base of stakeholders; identify prospects, and determine actionable tasks.
- Description of experience and expertise of primary consultant and any key personnel as appropriate.
- Narrative description of project execution plans
- Itemized cost of key deliverables
- Include at least two writing samples, one of which must be an example of narrative used in marketing
- References for other clients with similar projects
Total project not to exceed $10,000
Consultants will be evaluated on previous success working with community-based organizations, their ability to meet expected deliverables, and the timeline & budget.
This opportunity is open to both individuals and firms/organizations. WSCO is especially interested in working with traditionally underrepresented persons and/or those who have demonstrated success in economically & racially diverse communities.
Please submit complete applications to LeahS@wsco.org by Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5 pm. No phone calls please.